A total of 14 equestrian establishments have been awarded funding in the latest Sport England Capital Funding round. The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) received some outstanding bids, with a total £1.3million worth of projects applied for.
The BEF offer many congratulations to the following centres who have received funding for the 2012-2013 funding cycle:
• Callum Park Trading Limited, Kent
• Sunshine Riding School, Bedfordshire
• Runningwell Equestrian Centre, Essex
• Radway Equestrian Ltd, Warwickshire
• Lavant House Stables, West Sussex
• Murton Equestrian Stables, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
• Hope Valley Riding Club, Derbyshire
• Watershed RDA, Gloucestershire
• South View Equestrian Centre, Cheshire
• Aldersbrook Riding School Ltd, London
• Stella Hancock Driving Group, Surrey
• Grafton Farm Riding School, Worcestershire
• Bradbourne Riding and Training Centre, Kent
• Vauxhall City Farm, London
Capital Funding grants are awarded to projects that show clear and measurable targets for increasing participation levels (and sustaining these in the long term), offering more riding opportunities and ensuring that members of the public are given an enjoyable and satisfying riding experience.
The BEF receives capital funding from Sport England to invest in facilities and equipment; this amounts to improving facilities or purchasing new equipment that can help increase riding opportunities and participation at the riding school or centre.
If you've not been successful this time, you may still be eligible to obtain funding directly from Sport England's Inspired Facility programme. As a part of Sport England's London 2012 legacy of increased mass participation in sport, Inspired Facilities is investing £50 million of National Lottery funding in up to 1000 community sports projects between 2011 and 2014. Visit www.inspiredfacilities.sportengland.org for further information.
Why not join our Hoof Regional networks to ensure that you are informed on further funding opportunities in your area when they next become available. Joining a network will also provide your centre with a variety of workshop opportunities aimed at increasing participation and improving customer experience within the sport. The networks are free to join and provide an opportunity to work with like minded people in the business.
If you would like your centre's details to be listed on the hoof portal, www.hoofride.co.uk, please complete the online survey via this link; www.surveymonkey.com/hoof-facilities-survey-2012